Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fantasy tale

Every kid will be able to relate to this sad yet true tale, where you find yourself amidst constant brewing of ill thought career advises and motivational lectures. They usually start with how important it is to start studying, which sadly never really reaches its culmination as one passed out of school or even graduates. You never have that moment when you can probably run out of your house and shout, "its finally over".
Its quite fanciful when I bunch of kids talking big, speaking is a very bold outright fashion, as if they have everything planned out in their lives. Its actually fun!!
Try listening to a few girls in particular. I actually ended up meeting one such person a few years back, at a formal party. Well this girl was no ''little'girl, but someone who was pursuing her masters. Usually you are a little hesitant to speak about yourself so much when you meet someone new, but this...No Sir... she would tell me everything and anything, that I might find really embarrassing. So, i just sat there speechless, left spellbound by her exuberance which had sadly sky rocketed. She had planned her marriage, where she would live, how many kids she would have and what would be their names.
 I have started indulging in a habit of building up on things, so I thought its time to put the new hobby in act. So, I encouraged her,thinking that may be this will calm her down and instil in her a little sense of being pragmatic in life. i tried to nudge her into a corner called the 'career corner', but then the girl chose to keep away from that self immolating 'non-nonsensical'' talks.
By the end of it, i swear to God, for a moment i had become oblivious to where i was and what i was doing, my senses had been subjected to such misery that I drew a big haze in my head. Before I could start contemplating if it is a good option to just run out somewhere, I had a Sherlock moment where everything around me seemed like a potential weapon, and I started speculating to what reaction would I draw on using any of them. Sadly, I am no Sherlock , for I had been locked by this impervious individual with no appreciation for my sarcasm.
The amazing part is,  recently I came to know that she is half way through this fantasy of her. After having tolerated  her that day, I would have been rather angry should the girl have failed in fulfilling her dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment