Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Damsel Above

Back when I was a 10th grader, like every nerdy geeky kid, my aim in life was to ace through my exams. Nothing else mattered to me more, not even the blue eyed girl in the adjacent block who roamed the apartment every evening taking walks and smiled at me giving impetus to my fetish of having her someday...But lets  not get carried away. You see, when an ideal innocent focused individual like me got down to study, I would make sure that no one bothered me with their futile and annoying habits.
I had these lovely neighbours in my apartment, who apparently did not believe in the idea of 'living and letting live'. I had these two girls in the 20s living in the flat above mine. Like every Modern Delhite, brimming with rebellion from peaceful living, their weekends usually involved a lot of partying. Now lets not go into what and whom they did(:p), but lets focus on how they would actually go on to bother the studious me.
Girls have these little conical towers that they like to stand on, giving their hind a very peculiar yet curvy look. Now these ladies in the floor above probably had them on like all the time. Please don't get an idea that I had worked something out to keep a 'virtual track'of the damsels above. It so happened that the apartment of mine was rather peculiar as one could really hear the sound of movements from floor above. So, basically when people would walk around in heels, it would actually feel as if someone was hammering my head.
Usually my silent days would feature sounds filling my room such as this
THAK THAK THA....thak...THAK.......
I swear to god, after a point of time, frustrated as I was, I started finding music in even those noises. I thought that as an inquisitive nerdy individual , I could probably walk up to one of them, and ask them to enlighten me on  the concept of the pleasures of the pointy heels and their unintentional subjugation of their neighbours to potentially brain haemorrhaging sounds. I guess it sounded well in my head, for it certainly wasn't taken well by them. Anyway, I played my 'kid'card and walked out of it unharmed without any scar of heels to mar my body.But soon they moved out and thus, ended my misery. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I stand tall for I survived.TRUE STORY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment