Thursday 3 April 2014

Revelation

Many of us nerdy little creatures spend their school life sitting on the front benches without glaring at those distant beautiful faces at the back. Somehow, it works just fine till the time somebody so striking and pretty comes across and sways your heart. How does the fickle mind concentrate then?
 Those days can be tough. I remember that as a tenth grader, I set my eyes on this occult creature of the opposite sex. I somehow found myself drawn to her like a bee to a flower, a druggie to marijuana, or a Delhi commuter to the last metro.That blossoming beauty with shiny clothes and glossy lips.( Yeah...My mind was evolved only this much, for my moral righteousness limited my extent of imagination of her)
 Naive as I was, I took the trouble of trying to understand or at least contemplate upon what a girl really wants in a guy. Yes, I was that stupid!! Everybody knows that you can't understand a girl, including the girls themselves. Those were the days when the Boards were hovering over everyone's mind and there I was, the nerd of the class trying  my luck with the pretty girl in the class. Trust me, for a nerd, that is nothing less than risking one's own life, such was my infatuation. Since, I didn't know how the " Game" was played, I stuck with seemingly polite passive way of strengthening my friendship with her. That was a mistake.
So, the girl as to my surprise was somehow drawn to these jerks in my class who with their abrasive foul language had better luck with her than I did. Meanwhile, my grades dropped a few points and everyone said...DON'T GET DISTRACTED. Love can be blinding and will drag you away from reality. I was indeed falling for a girl who in true sense was the most unbalanced creature around, was " plump"( puberty is very evident in girls, it tends to swell up their bosoms and bottoms quite a lot), shouted around at random people for no good reason. I am deeply embarrassed with myself now.
Anyway, the façade of true love died because as the apparent Daredevil I had become in my tryst with destiny, I asked her out eventually. When I look back at that moment, I am pretty sure Sheldon would have been smoother in the moment than I was. Over the years, I have improved in a sense that I have become comfortable with the idea of crazy girls who come, screw you over and leave in despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment