Monday 21 April 2014

Romeo’s Diary


I am not sure if this happens to everyone there is, but it happened to me. I am a college student, that too in Delhi University. In the typical sense, I am quite not the DU kind. I don’t have swag nor do I like the funkiest band there is. I don’t go to rock concerts and I definitely don’t sport crocs with pyjama outfit in college. I don’t have a hairdo which is not only weird, but has multiple shades of purple and red. But what I have is a decent personality with a little a shade of “funny”.
Now, if you watch movies on college life, the main star is the decent guy with who is quite an intellectual or is the star athlete who has every girl drooling over him. You might even fancy the guy with the leather jacket who comes on his Harley every day. But well, I am none of them, not even close. I don’t have that life nor do I really care for it. Moreover, most of it shown on movies isn’t true. College life may not be so perfect, and nor can you chill out to an extent where a college and a real life orgy of fun and drama become synonymous.  You can’t have a crowd which seems to be Baywatch and American Pie bought together minus Pamela Anderson. College life may have its own definition for you, for you maybe be a career oriented person, or a suave social parasite with a habit of hooking onto random people (maybe not you but me :p).  Parallel to this life, is your love life. Well, that is some game worth playing. I don’t wish to demean the term of ‘love’ by calling it a game, but then this is a thing that might require a lot of thinking. Let me share a few important lessons to learn in this field.
The main things that you should follow before you fall in love in college.

1.       Not in the same college
Shoot yourself if you are already there, run if you are about to near it and be rather judicious if you plan to go ahead.

2.       Carry no emotional baggage or tolerate none.
In this fast world, people are screwed more than ever. Moreover, in spite of fucking their lives over and over again, they don’t relinquish a chance to pounce on love affairs. So, end result is that people have this emotional baggage which they carry after strings of heart breaks. If you are this happy go lucky person who has fallen in love, brace yourself for some emotional drama that might come your way. I say this only when you find yourself being the shoulder to cry and her emotional puking bag.

3.       It is not marriage
If you are mature enough, you will not start envisaging a life of togetherness till eternity. Don’t freak out and don’t freak other out. It’s a slow and steady process. Let it take its own time.


As I once quipped, Love is like that light emitting mosquito killing machine. You get drawn to it knowing you'll get fucked, but you go towards it regardless eventually to die a slow and painful death.

No comments:

Post a Comment